Delegation from South Korea
Taekwondo is a Korean martial art and the national sport of South Korea. In Korean, tae means "to strike or break with foot"; kwon means "to strike or break with fist"; and do means "way", "method", or "art". Thus, taekwondo may be loosely translated as "the art of the foot and fist" or "the art of kicking and punching."
It combines combat techniques, self-defense, sport, exercise, and in some cases meditation and philosophy. In 1989, Taekwondo was claimed as the world's most popular martial art in terms of number of practitioners. Gyeorugi , a type of sparring, has been an Olympic event since 2000.
Russian Para Taekwondo Federation
The mission of the Russian Para Taekwondo Federation is to provide effective international governance of parataekwondo as a Paralympic Sport within the Russian geographical region of the WTF.
The objectives of the Russian Para Taekwondo Federation are:
- to work towards the integration of disabled children and adults in taekwondo activities and championships;
- to focus on empowering and enabling children and adults with disabilities to take up positions of responsibility in sport;
- to work with and through the Member of Federation in order to enhance the capacity to integrate people with disabilities into physical recreation;
- to promote, expand, and improve within Russia the practice of para taekwondo in light of its educational, cultural, and sports values (the “Taekwondo movement”);
- to promote fair play, youth development, and education;
- to encourage peace and cooperation though participation in sports;
- to promote or sanction international para taekwondo competitions;
- to take action in order to strengthen the unity and protect the interests of the Russian Para Taekwondo Federation, WTF and the Taekwondo Movement;
- to engage in other (para) activities in support of the above objectives.
Legal documents (in Russian):
State registration of Federation (jpg, 158 k)
State Register (jpg, 130 k)
Cities of Federation
Ekaterinburg, Nizhnij Tagil, Pervouralsk, Pyshma, Tavda, Krasnoufimsk, Sukhoj Log, Achit.
The basic purposes of creation of Federation
The federation develops a direction "Sport taekwondo". "Sport taekwondo" has evolved in the decades since then and has a somewhat different focus, especially in terms of its emphasis on speed and competition (as in Olympic sparring). Sport taekwondo is in turn subdivided into two main styles; One derives from Kukkiwon, the source of the sparring system sihap gyeorugi which is now an event at the summer Olympic Games and which is governed by the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF).
- Development and popularization taekwondo among invalids with defeat of the locomotor system;
- Physical rehabilitation of invalids with defeat of the locomotor system;
- Strengthening of health, propagation and formation of a healthy way of life of citizens of the Russian Federation;
- Propagation of a healthy way of life among invalids with defeat of the locomotor system;
- Formation highly effective, possessing maximal improving and rehabilitation effect of system of physical training and sports among invalids with defeat of the locomotor system.
The president of federation — Pavel Polovnikov.
Phone: +7 922-168-11-10